APPLICATIONS NOW AVAILABLE
Applications to begin study in the fall of 2017 are now available.
There are two application deadlines for admission for Fall Quarter 2017.
- January 4: Priority Deadline.
- April 30: Final Deadline.
Your application will include the following:
- The online graduate application.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions.
- Official GRE test scores (institution code: 1832).
- Candidate Statement (1-3 pages).
- Three letters of recommendation.
- $90 non-refundable application fee. Information about fee waivers is available here.
- International applicants to the University of Chicago must meet the English language requirements outlined by the Division of Social Sciences. To see how this applies to you, please follow this link.
A writing sample is not required but is strongly recommended.
All supporting material – including letters of recommendation, transcripts, supplemental material, and writing samples – must be submitted electronically through your online application.
Applicants for the MA in Computational Social Science are expected to meet the graduate admissions requirements of the division. We encourage you to review the Division's complete admissions requirements before you begin your application.
The University of Chicago encourages students to take the GRE or TOEFL, as appropriate, by November 15 for the January deadline, or by March 1 for the April deadline.
Please see the Social Science Division website for information regarding GRE requirements.
FINANCING YOUR DEGREE
For information about scholarships, financial aid, employment, and housing options, visit our Financing your Degree page.
If you have any questions about your application, please contact:
The Office of Admissions, Division of the Social Sciences
1130 E. 59th Street, Foster 107, Chicago, IL 60637
For additional information about the Division of the Social Sciences, please see the Graduate Admissions page.