2021-2022 Applications Now Open
There are two application deadlines for admission:
- January 4: Priority Deadline
- April 30: Final Deadline
Your application will include the following:
- Online graduate application.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions.
- Official GRE test scores (institution code: 1832). Either the GRE at Home or the regular GRE General Test are accepted.
- A 2-4 page Candidate Statement, outlining the applicant’s research interest, their relevant training, their prior academic distinctions, and their fit for 2 or 3 UChicago faculty members.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A non-refundable application fee. Click here for information about fee waivers.
- International applicants to the University of Chicago must meet the English language requirements outlined by the Division of the Social Sciences. To see how this applies to you, please follow this link.
- A single-authored writing sample, that speaks to the applicant’s ability in the discipline they designate for graduate research. A total of 20 to 30 pages is ideal. 7 pages is the minimum. More than one document may be uploaded, if the applicant has two or three shorter papers that best show their ability.
All supporting material – including letters of recommendation, transcripts, supplemental material, and writing samples – must be submitted electronically through your online application.
Applicants for the MA in Computational Social Science are expected to meet the graduate admissions requirements of the division. We encourage you to review the Division's complete admissions requirements before you begin your application.
Financing your Degree
For information about scholarships, financial aid, employment, and housing options, visit our Financing your Degree page.
For general questions about the Computation MA Program, please contact Vanessa Carey, our Student Affairs Administrator, at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about your application, please contact:
The Office of Admissions, Division of the Social Sciences
1130 E. 59th Street, Foster 107, Chicago, IL 60637
For additional information about the Division of the Social Sciences, please see the Graduate Admissions page.